Republic of Zimbabwe
The office of the Minister of State is supported by the office of the Secretary for Provincial Affairs and Devolution which is managed through four departments, that is Provincial Coordination; Finance, Administration and Human Resources; Infrastructure Planning and Environmental Management and Economic Affairs and Investment. The office of the Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution has a staff establishment of fifty-nine.
To lead the entire Provincial Government machinery in the formulation, advocacy, coordination, monitoring, evaluation and implementation of policies, programmes and projects for quality service delivery and socio-economic development.
A results-oriented Government with a culture of quality service delivery for all by 2030.
Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution – Manicaland Province
Secretary for Provincial Affairs and Devolution – Manicaland Province
Honourable Advocate Misheck Mugadza (M.P)
Honourable Abiot Maronge (Mr)
- Facilitate coordination between Central Government and the Provincial and Metropolitan Councils to ensure effective implementation of Government policies, plans, programmes and projects in the Province;
- Ensure a synergetic relationship between the National Planning Agenda and Provincial/Metropolitan Plans and Programmes;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of policies, programmes and projects by the Provincial/Metropolitan Councils, Ministries, Government Departments/State Enterprises, Parastatals and Development Partners/Agencies in the Province to ensure attainment of national aspirations and objectives;
- Give impetus to strategic Government interventions such as Community Share Ownership Trusts and Employee Ownership Schemes leveraging on resources comparative advantages in the Province;
- Preside over all State Occasions and Functions such as Heroes and Independence Day Celebrations;
- Coordinate State visits by visiting dignitaries in the Province;
- Facilitate, oversee and coordinate implementation of the Devolution process; and
- Report to His Excellency the President as appropriate.
- Coordinate implementation of devolution policies and plans at all levels;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of Government programmes, policies and projects at provincial level;
- Formulate Provincial development plans;
- Coordinate inter-ministerial national priority programmes;
- Coordinate the implementation of multilateral programmes to ensure that they reflect national interest and priorities;